Thursday, October 13, 2011

Book Review: EntreLeadership

So I'm reading a book right now.  Its called EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey.  You can check it out here.  For those of you who don't know who Dave Ramsey is, He is a financial guru. He has a radio talk show.  He has multiple best selling books, and he also has a tv show.  Now I'm not writing this blog to build up or promote Dave Ramsey in any way, but if you are looking for a great read on leadership, this book is phenomenal.

I'm only on the third chapter, but I am making sure that I read it slowly because their are so many golden nuggets of truth that I want to digest all of the information rather than speed read through it. Dave Ramsey does in this book what he always does.  He makes common sense principles come to life in a fresh and vibrant way.

Just to give you a quote that I am mulling over in my brain.  He says "Focus on the main thing, and keeping the main thing the main thing causes companies to be more likely to win."  This is why it so important that in our jobs and families we remain focused on the mission at hand, and we don't get sidetracked with things that are not a part of our main objective.  I'm gonna spend more time on this idea in a latter blog, but for all of you looking for your next book, this is definitely a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment